Odeon Dental is pleased to be able to help protect your teeth from the results of grinding your teeth when you sleep. If you grind your teeth at night, it literally means you clench your jaw and move it in a way so that the upper and lower teeth rub together. This can lead to the premature breakdown of teeth and can result in tooth loss if left untreated, as well as associated pain and discomfort including headaches and facial pain. Teeth grinding might also make your teeth more vulnerable to decay and ailments like cavities. With the use of custom-made night guards, Odeon Dental is here to help!
Your SW Calgary Choice for Night Guards in Marda Loop!
What is a Night Guard?
A night guard is typically made from plastic material that is custom-made to fit over some or all of your teeth. Dental night guards do not stop you from grinding your teeth, but rather help guard your teeth against damages caused by the grinding. It does this by re-establishing natural space between your upper and lower teeth and providing a barrier of defense. As a result, it can reduce the risk of cracking or chipping a tooth, as well as straining your jaw muscles and hence the associated pain that often results.
Common Signs of Teeth Grinding include:
- Facial pain
- Jaw joint and surrounding muscles feel tender or stiff; it might be painful to open your mouth all the way
- Sleep disruptions (for you and/or your partner)
- Jaw locks when you open your mouth
- Pain or tenderness when chewing and eating
Benefits of Wearing a Night Guard for teeth Grinding:
- Decrease wear and tear on your natural teeth
- Help stop damage to dentures, crowns, and other restoration work
- Protect sensitive enamel
- Reduce the risk of chipped teeth and tooth loss
- Decrease jaw pain, headaches, and other common symptoms of teeth grinding
- Get a better sleep each night
- Prevent damage to your teeth that could lead to the need for costly repair methods such as crowns, veneers, implants, bridges, extraction, and so forth. It’s less painful and more cost-effectively to get to invest in a night guard.
Benefits of a Professional Custom-Made Odeon Dental Night Guard over a store bought one:
- Stock mouthguards can be easily purchased but cannot be easily adjusted to fit. This leaves room for inefficiency. A professional mouthguard can be adjusted by your dentist to fit perfectly to your mouth to offer the best result.
- Store-bought mouthguards can be bulky, which can make breathing and talking more difficult. This can be avoided with a professional custom-built guard.
- Store-bought night guards are often not as effective because they are one-size-fits-all, rather than custom fit to your specific needs.
- Custom-fit mouthguards can be conformed to your exact mouth, thereby providing maximum protection, efficiency, and ease of use.
- Custom-fit Mouthguards are comfortable to wear, durable against wear and tear, easy to clean, and will not impair or restrict your ability to breathe or speak when you wear it.
- Wearing an improperly fitting dental guard could cause worsening of certain conditions such TMJ.
What is the Process of getting and wearing a custom fit Odeon Dental Night Guard?
- You will have a consultation with your Odeon Dental professional to determine which type of Night Guard will best suit your needs.
- We will make an impression of your teeth using advanced technology so the Night Guard can be molded over the model using a special material. While this method is slightly more expensive than stock Mouth Guards, because of the material and extra time and work involved, it provides the most comfort and protection since it conforms to your mouth.
- Generally, Mouth Guards cover the upper teeth only.
- You will wear your Mouth Guard every night.
- It might take a few days to get used to your Night Guard, but eventually, it will become second nature to wear.
- To extend the lifespan of your Night Guard, clean it regularly with warm water right after you use it, use a soft toothbrush and a little bit of toothpaste to gently brush it, and finally rinse it and store in a dry container.
- Make sure to clean the case regularly with soap and water.
- Keep your Night Guard safe from loss or damage.