Odeon Dental is pleased to offer a variety of restorative dental treatments to help you restore your smile, including dental crowns and dental bridges.
Your SW Calgary Choice for Dental Crowns and Bridges in Marda Loop!
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown, or cap as it’s commonly referred to, is a dental prosthesis in the form of a tooth-shaped cap, that is placed over a damaged tooth to restore its natural shape, appearance and strength.
What are the Benefits of a Dental Crown?
- They can protect a weak or cracked tooth from breaking
- They can restore an already broken tooth
- They can be used to hold dental bridges in place
- They can cover a misshapen or discoloured tooth
- They can be used to cover a dental implant or to make other cosmetic enhancers
- They can be used on children for reasons ranging from saving a tooth that has been severely damaged by decay or protecting the teeth of a child who is at high risk for tooth decay.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge, also known as a fixed partial denture, is very similar to a dental crown and is used as a restorative dental treatment to replace one or multiple missing teeth in the same area. It does this by joining permanently to adjacent natural teeth or dental implants next to the tooth or teeth being treated. Essentially, a dental bridge “bridges” the gap left behind from one or more missing teeth. It is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap, and a false (or prosthetic) tooth in between.
What are the benefits of a Dental Bridge?
- Restores your teeth function and helps restore your ability to chew
- Maintains your smile aesthetics
- Helps maintain the shape of your face
- Prevents surrounding teeth from drifting out of position
- Fills the spaces that would otherwise leave surrounding teeth susceptible to tooth decay and other ongoing conditions
- Provides a long-lasting durable aesthetic solution. Depending on wear and tear, and with good oral hygiene and regular checkups, a dental bridge can last up to 15 years or longer
How Do I Know If I am A Good Candidate for A Dental Bridge?
The best candidate for dental crowns & bridges is a person with one or more missing teeth and good dental hygiene. Special attention to hygiene at home will need to be taken, including brushing twice a day, flossing, especially under the bridge, and using an antiseptic mouthwash daily to help prevent tooth decay and gum disease that can lead to tooth loss. Furthermore, dental visits, including professional cleanings, should be completed every six months.