If you have crooked teeth or gaps in your teeth, and you are looking for a pain-free and completely invisible way to perfect your smile without the use of traditional metal braces, Odeon Dental is here to help! We are pleased to offer Invisalign Invisible Aligners. This innovative and technologically advanced treatment can help fix almost every teeth-straightening or bite issue you may have, discreetly and virtually invisibly.
Your SW Calgary Choice for Invisalign Invisible Aligners in Marda Loop!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign Invisible Aligners are clear, custom made, plastic, removable aligners made of smooth, comfortable, and mostly invisible plastic. They are worn over your teeth and gradually move your teeth into the exact position your dentist has outlined for you, and towards the smile you’ve always wanted! Your teeth become slowly straighter as the aligners are changed every week or two. While traditional braces are permanently attached to your teeth with wires and brackets, Invisalign can be easily removed for eating and brushing, as well as for special occasions, making them highly convenient and aesthetically desirable.
What are some problems commonly corrected with Invisalign?
- Overcrowding – This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth – This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
- Crossbite – This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite – This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ may occur.
- Underbite – This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover the upper teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ can occur.
What does Invisalign Treatment Involve?
- Treatment starts with a consultation with your Odeon Dental professional, who will evaluate your smile and develop a precise, customized digital treatment plan that will showcase the step-by-step transformation of your smile.
- Three-dimensional digital images are taken of the entire jaw, which allows the dentist to move specific teeth on the screen, view the jaw from different angles, and also foresee what the face might look like in years to come. In essence, this technology can show how Invisalign will change facial aesthetics.
- After you’ve approved your plan, a unique set of aligners is made. The aligners are made of smooth, comfortable, and virtually invisible plastic.
- The total amount of aligners required varies with each individual case, but 20-29 sets per arch are typical.
- The length of treatment will vary, depending on your starting point. However, most patients complete the entire treatment in 12-18 months.
- New trays are usually necessary every 1-2 weeks.
- You will visit us every 4-6 weeks to check your progression.
- For best results, Invisalign aligners should be worn for 20-22 hours per day throughout your entire treatment, allowing you 2-4 hours per day to remove them.
Benefits of Aligned Teeth after Invisalign Treatment:
- Healthier Gums: it is easier to brush and floss around properly aligned teeth.
- Improved Hygiene: Properly aligned teeth reduce plaque retention, tooth decay, and the risk of gum disease.
- Less Wear and Trauma: Aligned teeth reduce the risk of tooth chipping, breaking, and wear, which can require extensive procedures to repair.
- Proper tooth alignment reduces stress on the jaw bones and jaw joints.
- Having straight teeth helps you chew properly and helps with speaking clearly.
Even though you can take Invisalign Aligners out when you want, you still need to make sure that you’re following your dentist’s advice. This means you need to wear Invisalign for as many hours a day as you’re told, if you want to properly fix your teeth’s misalignment.
It’ll be your little secret!
Since Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, others may not even notice you’re wearing them, keeping Invisalign treatment a secret you can keep to yourself. Furthermore, you can remove them for special occasions like dates, a job interview, pictures, or playing your favorite sport. You’ll just need to remember to wear them for 20-22 hours a day to get maximum benefits.
Taking Care of Your Aligners is Easy!
The best way to clean your aligners is to use the Invisalign Cleaning System, available through Odeon Dental. However, you can also brush them with a regular toothbrush and toothpaste, and rinse them in lukewarm water. Just remember that you should never use hot water since the temperature could permanently misshape the plastic.
If you’re ready to correct your smile, call Odeon Dental today to set up your complimentary Invisalign consultation!